Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Four Feet In Heaven


We received the following poem 2/3/2007 from Dr. Wellman & his staff on a sympathy card. I thought it was very nice and worth sharing. So...here it is.



Four Feet In Heaven
by
Alice E. Chase

Your favorite chair is vacant now
No eager purrs to greet me
No softly padded paws to run
Ecstatically to meet me.

No coaxing rubs, no plaintive cry
Will say it’s time for feeding –
I’ve put away your bowl
and all the things you won’t be needing.

But I will miss you, little friend
For I could never measure
The happiness you brought to me
The comfort and the pleasure.

And since God put you here to share
In earthly joy and sorrow
I’m sure there’ll be a place for you
In Heaven’s bright tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks

Anonymous said...

I admire your website , it?s filled of lot of information. You just got a perennial visitor of this blog!