Friday, February 2, 2007

January 23, 2007 (Tuesday)

I hand-fed Ashley today. When I was washing her face after breakfast, she sneezed and got out some nose stuff. She still makes a noise with her nose as if she’s breathing through mucus (snot). Ashley is also still breathing a little through her mouth. I’m wondering if, with the cold weather we’ve been having, she caught a cold. I called Dr; Harris’ office and asked them if she needed to be seen by them or Dr. Wellman. The receptionist wrote down what I explained to her about what’s been going on and said someone would get back to me.

Dr. Harris’ office called me back; they said Donna, one of the assistants/techs, said we could take Ashley to our RDVM. I asked it that meant our regular vet, Dr. Wellman. She said yes.

I called Dr. Wellman’s office and asked if he could possibly see her today. I know Tuesday is usually his surgery day; so, I don’t know if he can fit her in. They said they’d have to get back to me, as Dr. Wellman just started a surgery.

Mary, Dr. Wellman’s receptionist, called me back – She asked if I could bring Ashley in first thing tomorrow, Wednesday, morning at 8:45. Dr. Wellman could meet us there then, as he is extremely busy today with surgery. I agreed. Mary said she’d try to remind him all day today about meeting us at 8:45 a.m. tomorrow to make sure he comes in early.

Ashley has had a little bit of a problem again today with not being able to rest for long periods. After a bout of rest and some sleep, she wakes up, I’m assuming, a little nauseous. She begins to lick and swallows a lot. This is typical when she’s going to heave as if to throw up, but only gags getting up only a small amount of liquid.

Tonight, after I fed her, she got sick and threw-up a little of her supper.

Between 11 p.m. and midnight, Ashley did seem to go fairly deeply to sleep, as she lay quiet and began breathing deeply. After about an hour, she started to get restless. She got up off the couch and started to heave and then gag. Eventually, she went under the couch to try to get some rest.

No comments: