Friday, February 2, 2007

January 27, 2007 (Saturday)

We are expecting another cold front to drop us down to freezing temps again.

I hand-fed Ashley breakfast. She did very well. She didn’t lean over to lean on me to eat, as she had been doing with this “cold”. She ate all of her breakfast willingly. She even sniffed it before I gave it to her and looked like she was going to try to eat on her own. She also peed.

I placed her on the couch with her towels. Her breathing sounds a lot better. No more congested noise.

I gave Ashley her Clindamycin about 10:30 a.m.

Ashley spent the day sleeping peacefully on the couch or watching the day’s activities. She was very different from yesterday – almost back to her normal self.

I hand-fed Ashley her supper. When I washed the excess food from her face, I noticed the swollen glands on the right side had gone down considerably. I brought her back to rest on the couch. I had Mom feel her throat on the right side. We were amazed at the difference. Mom, at some point afterwards, while petting Ashley, noticed the left side had also gone down considerably. I feel it, too, amazing. She doesn’t seem to be too congested anymore either.

Ashley has been alert and interested in her surroundings. She even wanted up on the counter with the food; however, she did not eat. She poked around a bit, but only got a drink.

I put her back on the couch to spend the night.

We also noticed one other thing while petting her on the couch…

I could hear some faint sound coming from her when I kissed her on the nose. I put my ear to her side – she’s purring ever so faintly. I haven’t heard her purr in weeks, possibly almost a month. It was on the way back from Dallas sometime; I can’t remember exactly. My prayers for her to beat the “cold” have been answered…or so it seems, let’s not jump to conclusions. Now, hopefully, God will cure her of this nasty cancer. He could’ve taken her now with the “cold”, but He didn’t (yet). He gave us renewed hope, instead.

No comments: