Friday, February 2, 2007

January 21, 2007 (Sunday)

I hand-fed Ashley today. She’s still having the heaving then gagging problem. I also have noticed a noise that I can’t figure out if it’s her breathing or something else. It doesn’t seem like she’s having a problem breathing. Her breathing doesn’t seem labored or anything. If she’s still making the noise on Friday, I’ll have to mention it to Dr. Harris.

Also, I’m not sure if she’s losing any muscle. Her weight seems to not have changed that much each time they weigh her at Dr. Harris’ office but she seems to be a little hollow in her hind quarter area. I have not weighed her to see if she has lost any weight.

Ashley drank a good bit today that I noticed at one sitting. She also pooped two small approx. ¼” - ½” balls. They still seem somewhat hard, but was – or seemed – a little easier for her to go. The hairball medicine must be working a little bit or it’s because she’s drinking a little bit. Also, on Friday, January 19th, they – Dena at Dr. Harris’ office – said we could try to give her pumpkin – not the pumpkin pie mix that Libby’s makes – just plain pack pumpkin in a can. Not a lot – less than a teaspoon to help with the constipation.

No comments: