Friday, February 2, 2007

January 31, 2007 (Wednesday)

I called Dr. Wellman’s office to let them know Ashley passed away. We brought her body to them about 10:45 a.m. They have a pet cemetery that also does cremation pick the critters up once a week. Unfortunately, that day was today. The people came earlier than usual today because we got snow.

Now, Dr. Wellman’s office has to hold Ashley’s body until next Wednesday, February the 7th. They said her urn/ashes box should be ready for pick up the following Wednesday, St. Valentine’s Day, February 14th.

Ironic, I get my little bundle of love back on St. Valentine’s Day.

Interesting and ironic, also, is I will get her back as ashes – her nickname was “Ashes”.

As for the other kitties, this morning, Ashley’s sister, Cindy, came by to see her and appeared to offer her final farewells, as she left, she suffered an asthma attack. She’s ok though. Teddy, who always considered Ashley his girlfriend, even though the feelings were not mutual, spent the morning searching the living room for her in all the places she used to go. When he couldn’t find her, I picked him up and showed him where she was. He looked at her intently – as if waiting for her to move – then panicked and ran to another part of the house.

The house seemed a little empty and quieter today.

I also called Dr. Harris’ office today. Donna, one of the assistants, said she was sorry and that she’d let Dr. Harris know when she gets back next week.

Another entry will be made when we pick up our little sweetheart on St. Valentine’s Day. We will find a special place for this special little girl.

I hope you know I did all I could for you and everything I did (the long car rides to Dallas, hand feeding, taking you out from under the couch, giving you medicine, etc.) was for you with hopes of giving you a chance!

Farewell, my sweetheart, rest in peace. Be with Jesus, Dad and all our furry friends until someday we meet again! I'll love you always! XO

The last entry will be the Rainbow Bridge & a poem I wrote for Miss Ashley.

No comments: