Friday, February 2, 2007

January 25, 2007 (Thursday)

I hand-fed Ashley today. It was long and difficult, as she is still having difficulty breathing due to the upper respiratory infection. She makes a strange noise – like a harsh rattle-like sound; I guess you could describe it. I’ve never heard such a sound before. The sound is loudest when I am trying to feed her and just before she is due for another dose of Clindamycin. She has peed today.

I noticed this afternoon, when we were giving Ashley her Prednisone pill, her right ear was not as warm as it was yesterday. It was fairly cool all day.

Also, of note, a couple days ago – I didn’t want to mention it just yet, but figured I should – I noticed either the swelling in her throat is able to be felt from her right side slightly or it has traveled to the right side. We’ll have to see if Dr. Harris notices it tomorrow. See what she says.

Ashley was still a bit restless today with her “cold”. She has a hard time resting.

I have her propped up on the couch with towels supporting her; so, she doesn’t roll backwards. It seems to be helping a little. Before, she would roll backwards as she got more relaxed. When this happens, her nasal passages drain down her throat causing her to gag and possibly get an upset tummy.

Ashley ate a little under ½ a can of Authority can cat food today. She really fought me to feed her. She kept pushing my hand away with her little paws. I calmly talked to her trying to convince her it would be better for her to eat. Now, if only she understood English.

No comments: