Friday, February 2, 2007

January 10, 2007 (Wednesday)

I offered Ashley her own bowl of food – ¼ of a can. She ate some on her own; then, I hand-fed her the rest to make sure she had enough to eat.

Ashley ate on her own a couple times during the day – some can, some dry. Ashley, like the other cats really only likes fish and chicken in canned cat food. In people food, however, their tastes vary for each cat. Ashley also ate a small amount of Tender Vittles.

At suppertime, I, again, offered Ashley a bowl to eat on her own. She ate about a quarter of it on her own. She gets distracted easily. I hand-fed her the rest of the bowl. She ate about ¼ of a can. I, then, placed her on the counter with the rest of the bowls of can food and dry food.

Ashley peed today, but no poop yet. She doesn’t usually go every day anyway, but I’ll watch her.

She’s slept a lot more today. It could be because she’s getting more to eat at one time. She may have been up a lot yesterday because she was hungry. Now, I’m making sure she finishes her bowl, even if I have to help her. She’s not fighting me too much until the bowl is almost empty.

Ashley had another 1” or so of hairball medicine to help with constipation.

No comments: