Friday, February 2, 2007

January 11, 2007 (Thursday)

I offered Ashley to eat on her own, but she didn’t want to. So, I put her in the litter box to go to the bathroom in the event she had to go. She peed and tried to poop. She must’ve pushed too hard, as she upset her empty stomach and threw-up a little spit. I gave her a couple minutes to recover from that ordeal before offering her breakfast again. She looked like she didn’t know if she wanted to eat or not; so, I hand-fed her. Ashley ate between 1/8 – 1/4 of a can. When she refused anymore, I brought her out to the counter with the rest of the bowls of can food and dry food. She poked around a little but ended up getting down.

She went to the litter box. Ashley tried again to go poop. This time, she managed to get some out – about 2 pieces ½” - 1” long (each). They are still pretty hard. I’ll have to give her more hairball medicine later, as she got it late last night. I’ll have to let Dr. Harris know tomorrow when she goes for her re-check appointment that she still seems a bit constipated.

Ashley has been quiet today. She has not been up and about much at all today. I figure it could be a few things. She could be constipated. Maybe the chemo she had last Friday is affecting her. Maybe she’s just having a bad day. I wish these little critters could speak and let us know. I wish she could understand we’re trying to help her.

I hand-fed her supper. She sniffed at the dry and the can food, but didn’t take any. However, when I hand-fed her, she did not fight me. Ashley usually fights me if she really doesn’t want to eat. She has a way of letting me know. She either spits all the food back at me every time I put it in her mouth or she paws at my hand to push my away. Ashley ate all of her supper – about ¼ of a can.

About 11 p.m., Ashley came out from under the couch on her own. She sat in the kitchen – appearing to not really know what she wanted. I put her on the counter to see if she wanted to eat. She licked at some can food but not much. I put her in the litter box. She didn’t seem to want to go. Ashley came back out and got a little drink. After she walked around a little, I put her on the couch with me. She seemed to want to rest, but seems slightly restless.

No comments: