Friday, February 2, 2007

January 28, 2007 (Sunday)

I offered Ashley 9 Lives Flaked Tuna can cat food, which is what the other cats ate for breakfast today. She sniffed it but didn’t want to eat it on her own; so, I tried to hand feed it to her. It was very difficult. I decided instead to give her what she had been eating – the open can of Authority. She ate that fairly well.

Ashley got her Clindamycin about 11 a.m., after I got home from church. Ashley stayed on the couch the entire time we were gone. She stayed there most of the day.

I can still hear some difficulty breathing in her. She seems alert, though, and interested in her surroundings.

Around 8:30-9 p.m., Ashley decided to go under the couch to rest. I had to get her out about 11 p.m. to give her the 2nd dose of Clindamycin.

I have not noticed her drink at all today. The only water she’s had, as far as I know, is the water I add to her can food and the little bit I give her from a small animal nursing bottle to rinse her mouth of the bitterly bad tasting Clindamycin.

No comments: