Friday, February 2, 2007

January 9, 2007 (Tuesday)

Ashley was sitting on the counter waiting to be fed this morning. She ate on her own a mix of can food and dry food. She eats out of every bowl on the counter. By suppertime, I let her eat out of one bowl. She didn’t finish the bowl on her own; so, I hand-fed the remaining of the bowl to her. She then began eating out of another bowl (another cat’s supper). She ate a little more than ¼ of a can of food. She also ate some dry food.

She tried to go poop yesterday – last night. She tried for a while but only got a hard ball out. I called Dr. Harris’ office to find out what I could give Ashley for constipation. I had heard hairball medicine worked for constipation in cats. They said that would be helpful. They told me to give Ashley 1”-2” of hairball medicine once daily for 2-3 days. It should help. I gave her about 1” tonight.

Ashley has been fairly active today. I think she’s been a little more active because she’s not eating a lot at once, but rather, she’s eating a little throughout the day. Because of this, I’m not sure she’s getting enough to eat. Tomorrow I’ll make sure she’s eating more at one time.

Ashley’s been sleeping both on and under the couch.

No comments: