Friday, February 2, 2007

January 6, 2007 (Saturday)

I offered Ashley to eat on her own. She wanted to eat but doesn’t seem to know how to go about eating without swallowing. I, then, hand-fed. Her to make sure she got enough to eat. She ate about ¼ of a can. She cleaned herself, which she wouldn’t do last week. She drank on her own.

Ashley took one of the 10mg Prednisone pills rather well and fairly quickly. She knew it was coming and began to froth a little, but she didn’t fight too much.

Ashley got up once on her own to go to the bathroom, get a drink and try to eat about 4 p.m. She ate a couple of bites of dry food. It is hard for her to chew the pieces and swallow them.

I offered her supper. She ate a bit on her own, but when she finds a piece she has to chew, she stops eating. She did fairly well on her own, but I wanted her to finish her bowl to make sure she had enough to eat. I hand-fed her the rest – about ¼ can of food. She got a drink, cleaned herself and jumped on the couch to take a nap. I gave her a little blanket to lie on, as she has found she likes the blankets.

No comments: